Friday, August 22, 2008

Milestone: I can smell again!

It has been 10 days since my surgery and while I had the packing removed from my nose after the second day, I had no sense of smell until about 2 days ago. Sadly, all I smelled at the time was ammonia. It was fairly strong and followed me everywhere I went. When it occurred, I just took note of it. I didn't think there was anything I could do about it and since I had other issues, this was the least of my concerns. When I awoke this morning, I smelled breakfast, the bacon and eggs. What a relief! I still smell a hint of ammonia but either I'm getting used to it or it's fading on its own. My taste buds seem to be coming back as well. It feels different, almost like they have changed also but at least they are coming back.

No comments: